Some of them are my own creation, some I’ve just heard and have stuck in my mind, and others come from books and the internet. All of them make me smile and give me inspiration in different ways.
1) The smug feeling you get after a workout is far better than the guilty feeling you get if you've given exercise the cold-shoulder.
2) “Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today'. ” Peter Maher, Canadian elite marathon runner
3) Exercise is like mouthwash. If you can feel the burn, it's working!
4) “Apart from the survival advantage when escaping a sinking ship in a cold ocean, being too fat has nothing but downsides.” Mike Stroud, Survival of the Fittest
5) “Think of it like sex or a tax rebate. A little is always better than nothing. If all you have is 17 minutes to fit in a run, then run for 17 minutes.” Runner’s World.
6) Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows that it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows that it must out run the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or gazelle. When the sun comes up you had better be running!
7) Conditions are never just right. People who put off doing things until all factors are favourable, achieve nothing.
8) Sweat cleanses from the inside. It comes from places a shower will never reach!
9) Force yourself outside the door, once your out, that’s the hardest bit of the workout over and done with.
10) The more “buts”, the bigger the BUTT!
So that's the motivational bit, now get out there and train!